Advanced Dental Concepts
1269 Pleasant Grove Blvd. | Suite 100
Roseville, CA. 95747 | 916-786-4865
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist
Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, Folsom, and Citrus Heights, California
Finding a qualified cosmetic dentist takes careful consideration. It can be tricky, being that there is no third party insurance company to help you choose the cosmetic dentist to best meet your needs.
These tips can help you find a qualified cosmetic dentist:
- Look for a dentist who has made cosmetic dentistry a prominent feature of his or her practice.
- Find a dentist who has years of experience, as he or she can anticipate problems and formulate a treatment plan best suited to your individual needs.
- After finding a prospective dentist, learn about his or her qualifications and experience by calling or visiting the practice.
- To get an idea of the results you can expect from your treatment, ask for before and after pictures of previous patients.
- Make sure your chosen dentist uses the most advanced technology and treatment options available.
- Pick a dentist who will help you choose the treatment best suited to your goals and budget by providing complete information about the potential risks and benefits that will help you make an educated decision with realistic expectations.
When you meet with your cosmetic dentist for an initial consultation, here are a few things that you will want to ask:
- How long have you been practicing cosmetic dentistry?
- Please tell me about your level of experience in cosmetic dentistry, general dentistry, and full mouth reconstruction?
- Are the before and after photos of actual patients that you have treated? (And make sure you are happy with the appearance of your prospective dentist’s work).
- Please discuss the dental technologies that you use.
- What is your diagnosis for me, and what specific treatment options do you suggest? (Make sure he or she also offers an alternative plan).
- Who besides you will be involved in my treatment plan?
- What is your relationship with this person, and planned means of communication?
- What type of materials do you plan to use for my treatment plan?
- How long are the results expected to last?
- What type of maintenance will be expected on my part?
- What happens if I have an emergency?
- What are my financing options?
Now look around the office. Assess the following:
- The environment. Are you comfortable? Is it a welcoming atmosphere?
- The staff. Are they friendly?
- Patient comforts. What kinds of things are in place to make your visit relaxed and as enjoyable as possible?
With an increasing number of dentists offering cosmetic dentistry a variety of procedures from which to choose, your options can be staggering.